Sunday, October 24, 2010

My brand new blog for book lovers, book authors and would-be book authors


This is my first-ever post to my new blog, Genieology. It is my intention to make this blog about books, book lovers, book authors and would-be book authors. I am a writer myself and a bookseller who is closing her store, but I refuse to give up hope. With this blog, I hope to keep the book conversation going so that I can share news about authors, new books coming out that you might enjoy and anything else I can think of that will keep us connected. This is part of my one-woman crusade to support new voices, as well as established authors I love. I also want to hear from you about what you like, new authors you've discovered and anything else book-related you want to tell me.

I look forward to our dialogue.

Today we moved one step closer to shutting our doors forever at Books & Crannies in Middleburg, VA--something that will happen on Wednesday, October 27. But I refuse to abandon the dream and perhaps through this blog and new opportunities in the future, I will be able to one day to experience the joy of putting a good book into a reader's hands.

Let's keep talking.

9 comments:

  1. One of the things I like BEST about independent booksellers is that you have an interest in helping authors to develop and grow. When I saw the flier from your store about a writer's weekend I was thrilled even though I could not attend. Here, I thought, I would be able to connect in the future. I am so sad to see you close your doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this. I am with the Loudoun County Writers Association (LCWA)and your store has been the topic of conversation many times among our authors. I didn't visit there myself but many in our Association have and have commented about the quaintness of the store and the extraordinary staff that ran it. It's a shame that stores such as Books and Crannies have to close. I have been told that the store was and is a Middleburg institution and a must-visit store when in town. Your store will most certainly be missed. I really hope that you are well and thank you for delivering the words to the masses. Gary D. Henry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you had to close your wonderful store. As a new writer, your support has meant so much to me.

    I'm looking forward to stay connected through your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much. I am thrilled to see your comments. Let's keep the dream alive. I am here to support all of you in any way I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genie, you are a rare and wonderful treasure. I am proud to all you friend, and bowed by your talents and energies. The question is, how will you ever find the time to maintain this blog once you begin your book signing tour?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Genie - I never made it to your store, but followed your emails and posts with relish. Here's to a successful blog and online presence!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Genie, Your joy of books is infectious and you have made readers out of many. Your support for those who seek to write a book is appreciated. I too look forward to reading your book that deals with personal ethics and a search for the truth. "MacWilliams"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genie,
    I am a would be writer from Uostate New York with a wonderful independent bookstore in my village. We are all working hard to support it and the attached coffee shop because we know what a treasure it is. I found your store last fall while visiting my daughter who lives in your area, and loved it. I came away with many treasures in your "attic" and have been receiving your e-mail notices since then. Good luck to you in your new ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone. Love you all and let's keep the conversation going. Carl and Hubie, you are true writers and we will all be published together and go on book tour together. Write On!

    ReplyDelete