Friday, October 29, 2010

Feeling like Tinkerbell


I feel like Tinkerbell and the other fairies when someone says they don't believe. My light is a little dimmer today. Yesterday we cleaned out Books & Crannies and now it is just a sad empty space. But if you all clap your hands, maybe something new can emerge from the ashes. I hear you clapping...

In the meantime, keep reading, don't get too hooked on your e-reader and help me keep the dream alive. While it was an unfortunate series of events that led to the demise of the bookstore, I know very well that there are plenty of book lovers out there--those old-fashioned kind that like to hold an actual, bound book in their hands--that would love to see another store in Middleburg. For now, why not read something great, like Little Bee by Chris Cleave. This is a haunting and moving novel about an unlikely friendship between a Nigerian refugee and a window in London.

And let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I made a silly typo on this post. It's a widow--not a window--in London!

    ReplyDelete